For most of us, the festive season is a time to relax and celebrate. We look forward to lots of eating and drinking, spending time with friends and family and spoiling our loved ones with gifts. If we’re really lucky, we might even enjoy some lazy days at the park or beach with our four-legged friends too.
But for people at risk of or experiencing homelessness, Christmas can be a time of uncertainty and loneliness. Can you imagine spending ‘the most wonderful time of the year’ wondering where you’ll sleep or worrying about whether you’ll be able to feed your pets, let alone yourself?
This year, Pets of the Homeless is determined to bring some much-needed Christmas cheer to the people and animals that need it the most — and we urgently need your help to fill as many hungry tummies as possible.
From December 1 until Christmas Eve, we’re raising money and collecting pet food donations to provide meals for less fortunate pets. We help cats and dogs of all ages, sizes and breeds. As a result we welcome a variety of wet and dry food treat with cat food in particularly high demand, so please don’t forget our fantastic felines.
Your generous cash or food donation means we can direct more of our limited resources towards important services such as veterinary care, emergency boarding and our new foster care program.
How Can You Help?
1. Organize a pet food drive at work, school or among family and friends. Once you have finished collecting, drop it off to one of our collection points (metropolitan Melbourne only)
2. Fundraise or donate funds to our Christmas Appeal where your gift of $35 will feed a hungry pet for a month.
3. Give the gift of a donation in lieu of a present with a Pets Of The Homeless gift voucher
4. Participate in the #FeedItForward campaign by purchasing the 4Legs Jingle Balls dog food from Woolworths store nationwide, where 25 cents from each pack sold will be donated to us.
5. If you own a business and would like to be a collection point for us, send us an email to sign up!
Ready to make a difference? Help us spread the word about our campaign by downloading our poster. You can download the print version or the online version to kick start your Pets Of The Homeless Christmas Appeal today.
If you have any questions regarding our Christmas Appeal, please email us at email@example.com